Wednesday 11 April 2018

Hey Y'all .... I'm Back

Hey y'all...  This is a long post, so grab a cuppa and a comfy seat...

So that's it, my last global trip is done and dusted and life as I have known it for the last 3.5 years is about to change as I start a new job (same company) on June 1st.  I'll still have some travel but it will be Europe and maybe a couple of times a month rather than long stretches (I have just spent an amazing 5 weeks in the USA).

It's going to be a little strange not travelling that much but I am looking forward to crafting regularly again and getting on with my life in general. I have loved being able to see both sides of the world and wouldn't change it for a thing, but I am looking forward to some consistency in my daily life and spending more time at home.

I thought long and hard about if I should come back to blogging at all.... in the end I have decided to give it a go and see how I get on, knowing that I probably wont be able to post on a daily basis and there will be times when I just physically do not have the time...

I also really want to work on my photography... I have become really lazy with it, not just in card making but even taking my camera out with me, I blame using my iPhone when I am out and about, so I am going to take an online photography course and see if I can remember how to use the manual mode.

I will be selling some of my pre-loved stash over on my Facebook page, other pages on Facebook (specifc for SU and dies etc) and probably some on here.  I spent some time back at Christmas labeling and sorting out everything and just need to take some pictures of it. 

Selling this stash will let me finish sorting out my craft space so I am 100% happy and hopefully I will manage a new craft room tour in the mix of it.

Finally, I'll be bagging up some cards to sell for charity... although not decided on which one yet! These will mainly be aimed at my non-card making friends but any left I will donate to the local hospice for them to sell on...

I'm sorry for the really long post, but I do have a card to share with you all today!

I really loved this set and had be waiting ages for it to come back into stock over at Simon Says Stamp ...



This was a really easy card to make, but I think it is the simplicity that makes it... and it takes me back to my pure Clean & Simple routes.

I stamped the long image from Honey Bee Zen Floral set in Versafine Clair Black ink across a top fold card made of Neenah 110lb card stock using my MISTI.

This ink is simply stunning as was a great buy back in November at the NEC... Just wish I had picked up a couple more colours.

The card is finished off with a strip of Coast Cabana card stock from Stampin Up and a sentiment from Clearly Besotted Stamps Sentimental Type set.

That's all from me today... sorry to bore you with a really long post!  Hope you all have a lovely day, I'll be back soon with another share

Happy Crafting

Jen xx

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful classy card and good luck with the new job Love and hugs Carole x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome card! Love the black outline images paired with the blue strip. Classic style!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you've decided to keep blogging. If only occasionally. Your cards are always an inspiration Jen. Love Dawn x

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for visiting ... please leave a comment so I can come visit you back...

Jen xxx