Sunday 6 July 2014

Parcel From Paris

Morning... So I spent the majority of yesterday painting at my brothers new house. We managed to paint the living room, kitchen and landing as well as one coat in the spare room which was fabulous! I'm a little achy so I'm having a day off from that today and spending it with Rachel this afo, but in the mean time I have a little card for you...

As the Tour de France is kicking off this weekend, I have something a little different using one of the older boy stamps, Riding My Bike.   I decided to go a little vintage and use a resist technique on the image rather than the traditional colouring in!


I've used antique linen and frayed burlap distress inks to age the card and then a few splashes of water.  It's finished off with sentiment from the Greetings Postmark set and Grunge Elements set. A little bit of twine finishes off the look of the parcel!

Have a fabulous Sunday and I hope to see you tomorrow....

10 comments:

  1. Sweet! Can you drop by and paint my kitchen later please? Was that no? Oh well, ok then! Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this is so different, brilliant, vintage and understated.
    As for the painting...plenty here if you fancy??

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliant card today loving the techniques and so appropriate for The Tour De'France Love and happy Crafting Hugs Carole x

    ReplyDelete
  4. very appropriate card well done x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this card Jen. It is absolutely fab x

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh wow this is fabulous jen.i love the effect you have created ;D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. A very appropriate card - love the vintage effect. Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this, it's really different but still CAS! Rebecca x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the appearance of simplicity with this card. Beautifully done :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ah! international packages make me so happy! My aunt lives in Paris and she sends me gifts every year on Christmas and on my birthday. She never gets late nor forgets about it. I wish there was also same day courier service when it comes to delivering internationally. It was a good post.

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for visiting ... please leave a comment so I can come visit you back...

Jen xxx