Wednesday 2 March 2011

Scuba Diver

I got a bit excited tonight when I stumbled upon Crafts and Me challenge blog and finding out that the theme was "Under the Sea", after receiving a lovely comment from Nicola  on one of my LOTV cards. This card is inspired by my other passion... Scuba Diving.  There is just something so magical about being with all the fish ( I am a water sign after all). I'm also entering this card into Cards for Men challenge #5 as the theme is "Water". So here is the card....



I've used a clip art of a diver (which has been tidied up in photo shop) and printed this directly onto the card blank.  I have then used various scraps from my paper stash, distressed with Antique Linen Distress ink, to build up the rock face both over and under the blue vellum (Making Memories).  This has been finished off with coral cut with a Sizzix die from The Craft Bug ages ago (fish tank plants from the fish bowl set) and some sparkly fish stickers I bought specifically for something just like this from Mei Flower. I've also added some coral beads that I got from the bargain bin at the craft shop in the Lowry.

Hope you like it

Jx

10 comments:

  1. This is a wonderful card and perfect for the challenge over at Cards for Men. Good luck and hope to see you again.

    Donna x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jen, your card is so creative, a real work of art. Thank you for playing along with our water theme at Cards for Men, good luck xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the velum and all the colage elements. Thanks for joining our 'water' challenge at Cards for Men and good luck in the draw.
    Hugs, Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Jen,
    Great card, this is the 1st time I have seen a scuba diver on a card. Thank you for joining Crafts and Me this week.
    Teresa x

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW....this is an awesome card I love how you've done the rock at the side it looks awesome.
    Thank you for joining us girlies over at Crafts & Me, good luck.

    Hugs Vicky xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow Jen that is fantastic, love the rockface detail!

    Thank You for playing my ‘Under the Sea’ Challenge at Crafts & Me!

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW-just LOVE this card-so effective!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just had to case this! Love your card. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! Awesome card!! Thanks for sharing your creativity on-line~

    Javajoanne in San Diego CA

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for visiting ... please leave a comment so I can come visit you back...

Jen xxx